Email signatures are boring as hell. We get it. You just want them to work and forget they exist. So we created an end-to-end email signature guide so you can do just that.
1) On your main Gmail screen, hit the gear icon in the top right corner of your screen. Make sure you click ‘See all settings’.
2) Scroll down to the ‘Signature’ section.
3) Click ‘Create new’.
4) Name your new signature and click ‘Create’.
5) Back on the settings screen, compose your signature. It doesn’t have to be text only. Then click on the mountains icon to add a Gmail signature image.
If you’re stuck for ideas, Google professional Gmail signature examples.
You can also choose whether to include your signature on new emails only, as well as replies and forwarded messages.
6) Scroll to the bottom the screen and click ‘Save Changes’.
7) Now try it out. Click to compose a message - et voila, you’ll see your brand new Gmail signature waiting for you!
If you don’t want your Gmail signature to appear on every new email by default, here’s how to manually add your signature to a message.
1) After you've finished your message, click on the pen icon on the right of the bottom toolbar.
2) Click on the name of the signature you created earlier.
3) And you’re good to go!
Don’t worry if you suddenly decide you don’t like your signature anymore. They’re super easy to change. In this Gmail signature example, we’ve decided we want to add a phone number.
1) Go back to the ‘All Settings’ screen you visited when you created your signature. Scroll down to the ‘Signature’ section.
2) In the signature box, change your signature in any way you choose. In this example, we’re adding a phone number.
3) Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click ‘Save changes’.
4) Next time you go to compose an email, your new Gmail signature will appear.
Now you know how to create, add and change your Gmail signature, you just took your email game to the next level. Congrats!
But why not go one step further? Take all of the stress out email signature management with Mailtastic. We let you you:
Book a demo today!
Ah, the email signature. A footnote on your professional life when it works. And a bloody nightmare when it doesn’t. But whether you’re using the Outlook 365 web or desktop app, we’ve got you covered. See below for our step-by-step instructions to adding signatures in Outlook.
1) Hit the gear icon in the top right corner of your screen.
2) Go to the bottom of the drop down menu and click “View all Outlook settings”.
3) From the “Email” drop down menu, click “Compose and reply”.
4) Then choose the text and images you want to include. Also decide whether you want to automatically include your signature in every email or selected emails.
5) Once you’ve made your changes, hit “Save”.
6) Back in your main dashboard, click "New message" in the top left corner. And like magic, your email signature will appear!
1) Hit “New email” in the top left corner of your screen.
2) Click “Signature” in the top right corner of your toolbar.
3) Then hit "Edit Signatures".
4) Click the “+” icon in the bottom left corner to add a new Outlook signature.
5) Name your signature and add text, images and links as you see fit. Then hit the “Save” icon in the top left corner.
6) Then navigate back to the “Signatures” menu, select your desired signature as default in “New messages” and “Replies/Forwards”.
7) Exit the menu and hit “New email”. Et voila! There’s your new signature.
Book a demo today!